Best Homemade Carpet Cleaner Solution for Bissell
DIY Carpet Cleaner can bring you a lot of benefits. It’s economical, easy and truly an effective way to clean your dirty carpet while avoid using chemicals that might affect your health in long run. Some folks might think it’s much easier and faster to buy carpet cleaners like Bissell Carpet Cleaner and Carpet Shampooers, but how to make homemade carpet cleaning solution is much easier than you think. All you need is five minutes and some easy-to-find ingredient, then you will never have to spend money purchasing commercial carpet cleaner again. the right DIY carpet cleaner will take care of everything and will no longer need carpet cleaning services ever again.
Here are 10 easy tips to make homemade carpet cleaner of your own, if you follow these tips correctly, you will be able to remove dust, dirt and allergens out of your carpet while maintaining a fresh smell and allergy-free environment inside.
1.Make Best Homemade Carpet Cleaner for Machines with Liquid Tide Laundry Detergent
Karrie of Happymoneysaver.com is an expert in money saving tips, she recommend a super secret recipe for homemade carpet cleaner which help her save money on the carpet cleaning solution for more than 4 years now. Karrie’s ingredients for homemade carpet stain remover and cleaner are pretty easy to find at your local supermarket. They consist of:
– Tide Packet
– Awesome Cleaner
– Oxiclean Cleaner
Karrie’s carpet cleaner may not be 100% natural, but from her experience, this is the best Homemade Carpet Cleaner for Machines that could remove all stains and dirt out of your carpet within 24 hours. Especially, if you are looking for the best carpet cleaning for Bissell machine, Kerrie confirmed that this is it. PERFECT.PERIOD.
DIY Carpet Cleaner for Machines based on Kerrie’s recipe
– 2 Tablespoons Liquid Tide Laundry Detergent
– 1/4 cup Awesome Cleaner
– 1 scoop Oxiclean Cleaner
– 1 teaspoon Downy Fabric Softener
– 1 Gallon Hot Water
How to make Homemade Concentrated Carpet Cleaning Solution
– First, pour the Liquid Tide, Awesome Cleaner, Oxiclean and Downy into a large bowl and combine them together with spoon.
– Boil the water and gradually pour the hot water into the bowl and stir the carpet cleaning solution with spoon until everything you put in there is dissolved.
– Gently pour Homemade Concentrated Carpet Cleaning Solution into gallon-sized container which you can buy at local super market. Close the container, label it properly and keep it away from children.
How to Use Homemade Concentrated Carpet Cleaning Solution
– How to use carpet cleaning solution is pretty easy, first, you must vacuum your carpet before applying solution. Then, set up your carpet cleaning machine or Bissell machine to get ready for cleaning.
– Please note that you should know the amount of carpet cleaner to add on carpet shampoo machine, a normal one should be around ¼ cup of carpet cleaner. After adding carpet cleaning cleaning solution into machine reservoir, you should fill it with hot water to make the solution work smoother with carpet condition.
– Run carpet cleaning machine on your carpet, apply homemade carpet cleaning solution to stains on your carpet and wait around 24 hours before checking the result. If everything goes correctly, the stains and dust on your carpet will disappear like it never happen before!
– Keep homemade carpet cleaner in safe place away from children and don’t forget to label the container with carpet cleaning solution before someone mistakes it with dish washer or dish detergent!
2.Make DIY Carpet Cleaner from Dish Soap
A single drop of dish soap can change your perspective about carpet cleaner. This homemade carpet cleaning solution may sound simple but effectively remove spills out of your carpet than you possibly imagine. Moreover, you can save a lot of money because this carpet cleaning formula consist of only two major ingredients; dish soap and hot water.
– 1 teaspoon of dish soap
– 1 cup of hot water
How to make Homemade Carpet Cleaner from Dish Soap
– Pour 1 cup of hot water into a small bowl then drop 1 teaspoon of dish soap and combine it with a spoon.
– Gently drop a carpet cleaner solution onto the stain on the carpet and wait for 30 minutes until the solution absorbed into carpet fibers.
– Blot the stain with microfiber cloth and gently scrub it until clean.
Related: 5 How to clean Tile & Grout Quickly
3.Make Homemade Carpet Cleaner from Baking Soda
Don’t worry if you accidently drop a red wine on your favorite carpet or your beloved puppy pee willingly pee on it to toll with you because this homemade carpet cleaner would successfully remove red wine and pet messes out of your carpet in an hour.
The Carpet Cleaner ingredients is very easy to find in your local supermarket namely Baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and dishwashing liquid. All of this is surely cost less than USD10 and you can save money by handle this yourself instead of calling carpet cleaning services.
How to make DIY Carpet Cleaner from Baking Soda
– Red wine and pet messes are probably the carpet’s worst nightmare, but don’t worry you can get through this, use a microfiber cloth to gently blot fresh stain up to prepare condition for later application of homemade carpet cleaner.
– Sprinkle baking soda on the stain but not too much or your carpet would be too wet. Wait about half an hour to let the stain absorbed the baking soda. Then clear dust and dirt out of your carpet by vacuum cleaner or bloom.
– Pour hydrogen peroxide and dishwashing liquid into a bowl and combine them with a spoon, stir until they’re mixed perfectly then pour the homemade carpet cleaner on the stain.
– Wait about 10 minutes and use microfiber cloth to blot the stain up until clean.
4.Make DIY Carpet Cleaner from Salt
Do you know that apart from being a secret ingredient of our favorite dishes, Salt is also a secret ingredient for one of the best homemade carpet cleaners? Especially stain on carpet with dark color seem to be removed easily by carpet cleaning solution made from salt.
How to make homemade carpet cleaner from salt
– First, like always, try to blot stain up with microfiber cloth or clean towel, this is essential to prevent stain from sinking deeper in your carpet fiber.
– Sprinkle salt to cover the stain and leave it around 30 minutes to let the carpet fiber absorbed the cleaning power of salt.
– Pour cold water on the stain and blot it up with microfiber cloth until it clean. This carpet cleaning solution is almost free, natural and very effective. Don’t forget to share this carpet cleaning tips with anyone else you know. This can help them save a lot of money.
Related: 5 Oven Cleaning Tips Quick & Easy
5.Make homemade carpet cleaner from vinegar
Did you know that one of the best carpet cleaners has vinegar as part of it? This is because vinegar contain acetic acid known as a natural cleaner against bacteria and allergens. On top of that, carpet cleaner made from vinegar is almost free and you can make it easily right now.
How to make DIY carpet cleaner from vinegar
– Pour ½ gallon water into a bowl then add ½ gallon white vinegar and mix them up
– Pour the vinegar carpet cleaning solution into your Bissell machine or carpet cleaning machine and go on to clean your carpet. You can also apply carpet cleaner to a microfiber cloth and blot up stain on the carpet if you don’t have a Bissell machine or other carpet cleaner machine.
Related: Top 10 Cleaning Services NYC
6.Make DIY carpet cleaner from Ammonia
This homemade carpet cleaner is totally cheap and non-toxic, all you need is a bottle of ammonia and dish soap. Mix them up and you will have an effective DIY carpet cleaning solution. I have tried this recipe myself because I don’t cook and have no vinegar or salt in my kitchen, only a bottle of ammonia left from my bicycle crash. So, I mix it up with dish soap and apply to ketchup stain on my carpet and amazing enough, the stain was easily erased!
– 2 tablespoons ammonia
– 1 teaspoon liquid dish soap
How to make homemade carpet cleaner from Ammonia
– Combine 2 tablespoons ammonia and 1 teaspoon liquid dish soap in a bowl until well-combined then pour the solution into gallon-sized container.
– Insert the carpet cleaning solution to the reservoir of your Bissel machine or carpet cleaning machine.
– Clean your carpet with homemade carpet cleaner from ammonia. Of course, the solution may smell like, well, alcohol. So, you can add some essential oil to make it smell better for your carpet and you can also apply this cleaning solution in bathroom, kitchen or anywhere else in your house that have stains and allergens to be removed. Good luck!
7.Make Homemade Carpet Cleaner from brown sugar
Brown sugar is another ingredient from kitchen that can be used to make an effective carpet cleaner. Brown sugar contains enzymes which is very compelling substance to eliminate stain out from your carpet. Plus, it is very inexpensive and east to find ingredient.
– 7 tablespoons brown sugar
– 1 ½ cups lemon and orange peels
– 1-liter water
How to make DIY Carpet Cleaner from brown sugar
– Put 7 tablespoons brown sugar to a bowl, add 1 ½ cups of lemon and orange peels and 1-liter water. Mix up the ingredients until they are well-combined.
– Insert the carpet cleaning into a gallon-sized container then shake it to mix the ingredients. After finished, label the container with ‘carpet cleaner’ and place it away from children.
– Leave the container for 3 months to let enzymes working with citrus from lemon and orange. Then after 3 months, pour the carpet cleaning solution into spray bottle.
– Apply DIY brown sugar carpet cleaner to stain on your carpet and use a microfiber cloth to blot stain out of it. Please note that this method may takes patience, but surely it is natural and effective way to clean your carpet without leaving toxic residue on your carpet like some carpet cleaners selling in the market.
See, homemade carpet cleaner is very easy to make plus you can save a lot of money to clean carpet yourself instead of spend so much money on carpet cleaning services.
Related: Best Carpet Cleaning Services in US